Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Premenstrual or Bipolar or Both

The last two weeks have been a struggle. I thought I was heading towards a full blown manic episode. I have been panicky, paranoid, unable to sleep even with a sedative. I have been hypersensitive to noise, touch and light. I have been having PTSD related flashbacks and sensations from a very traumatic experience. Just all in all a struggle.

The above symptoms and the change to a generic version of ambien made me think manic but last night my breasts were really tender and this morning I started my menses. Now I feel a whole lot better, not 100%, but better.

The problem is that before and during these last two weeks so many things have changed and I don't know what has affected what.

The one thing a bipolar person should do, besides have a regular sleep pattern, is keep a mood diary and/or chart. That way when this sort of thing happens you can have a full picture of what's going on and can learn what works and what doesn't.

I haven't been doing the diary/chart and all I can do is start now with my most recent symptoms.

Hence the new direction of the blog. This is going to be my mood diary.

No comments: