Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Post from email

Mood Check

Doing well today. I've been working nights the last few. This is my
last one this set. Then I have three days off and then I go back to a
day set. For the last week I have been very diligent at taking my meds
on time and getting enough sleep. I feel energetic but not wired and my
appetite seems to have come back. The next couple of days it will be a
challenge to swap over to my day schedule.

This is my last night (Monday) and I go home in the morning at 0600
(Tuesday). I have to go to bed Tuesday morning but I can't take my
sleep meds because I have to take them when I go to bed Tuesday night.
The hard part is making myself go to bed at a decent hour on Tuesday
night so I can get up at a decent hour on Wednesday so I can sleep
Wednesday night and by Friday I should be all swapped over.

Then I work Fri, Sat, Sun days. Off Monday. Then start nights again on
Tuesday night. Got that?

It's a hard schedule. Hard on the body and hard on families. We spend
more time with each other than with our spouses and children. I am
blessed to be able to say that I really do enjoy my job and I enjoy the
folks that I work with.

No comments: