Wednesday, August 30, 2006

darn spellcheak aint workin

Hey, just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Feeling pretty okay. I have a visit with the company shrink on Friday. It's one of those all day affairs and of course it has to be in downtown Houston. No problem I'm totally prepared with a map from google earth, well several maps from my house to the door of the office building, close ups, well more like satallite photographs with the route traced out in purple or is it yellow? I don't remember at this moment. But I'll get there and I'll be there all damn day and then I'll go home and wait to get the call to go back to work.

I wondered today if I'll have to take the physical to be released to work. Usually when someone is off work for a length of time they have to take the physical, I think it's 30 days. I'm not sure I can pass it now. I might pass it but I'll hurt something fierce the next day.

I pretty much hurt most of the time these days. Different things from day to day. Some days it's my back, then it's my wrist, blah , blah etc ad nauseum. I'm not trying to complain just establish a baseline of behaviors and sypmtoms.

I'm 5'1'' tall and weigh in over 220. It might be hard to believe but sharing this personal information is harder then some of the things I have already shared. Sharing those other things really helped me deal with pain of them and I thought that maybe sharing this journey might help me too. So again as I stated in the very begining, It's all about me.

I get winded getting dressed, I hurt when I mop, wash dishes and everything else. Hell, sleeping hurts. I wasn't very active to start with and now I'm not active at all. I eat too much and not very healthy food. I think that establishes the baseline.

I'm not starting this paticular journey for the first time. As with most women or overweight people we have started this journey time after time after time. We have starved ourselves, ate only this and never that. Bought the exercise videos. Lost 10, 20 or more and gained back 20, 30 or more. I have a great collection of videos and DVD's. Tai Chi, Kickboxing, Step, Yoga, Pilates, Kung Fu Step(my personal favorite), I had belly dancing but I gave that to a friend. I have all these things that say Beginner on them, that's crap, it really means if you are already an athelete and you have never done that paticular exercise before.

Anyway I have started by buying real groceries and not eating fast food every night. I am working to reduce my portions. Next in the food department is to cook more healthy food. Not the butter soaked chicken I baked tonight or the smothered pork chops with rice. One step at a time right.

Next, in the exercise department I was trying to think of the best thing to start with that wouldn't be overdoing it. I tried the Walk Away the Pounds and it was too much. I tried Sit and be Fit from PBS and it was too much. So what can be easier than Sit and be Fit? Aquatic Therapy! I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see if she can precribe the therapy for me.

The start of a new journey, I invite you to come along for the ride.

No comments: