Monday, July 31, 2006

7/31 better day and user dreams

I talked to the doc today. Diagnosis 'acute lithium poisoning' in other words too much Lithium. This happened before but this time I didn't have tremors. She also doubled the seroquel so I'll sleep for sure and then I'll wake up in a drug induced stupor. I hate that. Oh well, if it makes me feel better in the end then it's worth it.

I was so wired last night it carried over into my dreams. I had what James Frey calls a 'user dream'. In my past life I used crystal meth and occasionally crank. In the dream I had about an eight ball of crank in this little baggie and I couldn't get all the air out of the bag. I didn't want to zip it closed with the air in it and have it pop open in my pocket. I don't know the place I was in, it seemed like an upscale office building, but I had this baggie in my hands and walking around trying to find someplace private so I could close the damn bag. I'm walking around looking like a person who's hiding something but I was so tweaked all I could think about was getting that damn bag closed. I even went to the bathroom cause I figured and empty stall right, wrong. The bathroom had open stalls and the one I went into had a couple making out in it. In 'user dreams' before I have actually snorted the drugs and felt the burn, tasted the bitterness in the back of my throat and felt the effects. I think that this time I was already so wired for real that I didn't need to actually use the drugs in my dream.

2 comments:

CDF said...

I'm glad you're doc found the problem. I hope they're able to find a balance for you that works out. Hang in there!!

Unknown said...

I recently quit using , am not high in my sleep, but have dreams I am high and it feels so real. The snort, the burn,etc. I haven't used meth in awhile but am an alcoholic, so I'm drunk in my sleep. This has happened to me before during short stints of sobriety. Before, while in rehab, I talked to other clients about user dreams and they had them too. It is common.