Thursday, July 20, 2006

My son graduates from high school - happy post


My son, my son. I love that kid. He is going to be twenty-three next month. But I never been more proud of him than when he graduated from high school. That kid of mine is so intelligent and can sing Base II like no tomorrow. He has gone through so much being bounced around between my angel of an aunt and myself and on top of that having learning disabilities.

Graduation. Brian, my son, graduated while living with my aunt. Brians' dad, brothers and grandparents came from out of state for the event. I hadn't seen his dad or his grandparents in years and it was my first time to meet his brothers. The older brother and Brian and his dad all look the same. The younger brother looks just like his mother.

The high school was huge and when we got there Brian ran off with the other choir students to prepare for the beginning of the ceremony. All in green they were, the kids on one side of the stadium and the families waiting proudly on the other side.

We had to wait for a lot of names, Brian's last name starts with R. It was the most wonderful thing I have ever seen, that kid got his diploma and strutted and I mean strutted down the aisle. He had his own little cheering section down from us hollering for him. I could hardly keep my eyes dry. At that moment I felt the presence of my mother and her pride in my son's accomplishment. I was amazed. I was so happy she was there.

Afterwards Brian and some of his friends came over and had a party in the little house. The adults just hung back and talked about how much we love our kids. It was a good time. It was a great day.

1 comment:

R. said...

congrats!! must have been a great moment for you :)